Thursday 5 July 2012

Live life by the throat, tear out its eyes.

I'm bored and nobody wants to hang out with me. Wait..  seriously? That sucks. I'm just gonna blog about some half-listened to metal albums.

Judas Priest - Sin After Sin
Great. Just fucking awesome. Not quite the same thing as Turbo, though they can both be appreciated for what they are. This album is more of a throwback to Zeppelin, Turbo is, well, more diesel. Smoke weed and listen to this album, it will cure a bad mood unless you are completely dead inside, in which case you better figure that shit out bro.
Carcass - Descanting the Insalubrious
Last week I hadn't listened to this album. I've heard a few songs off of it, they're not exactly what I was expecting, maybe that's because I had this band mixed up with Cannibal Corpse for a long time. It's really, really heavy death metal, not really grind though. Some of it almost sounds hardcore punk influenced, which is possible, but unlikely for a death metal band. I still have to listen to the rest of this album.
Autopsy - Mental Funeral
Pretty great. The slower songs can be kind of monotonous but they aren't redundant by any means. First track on the album has so much energy, it's obvious that this band has roots in hardcore. I think I remember hearing that they influenced many contemporary death metal bands. Wiki that shit I guess.
Trap Them - Sleepwell Deconstructor/Seance Prime
If you slept on this band then you lost the game of sleeping on bands. Aside from maybe a demo or something I think this is their first album..  Seance Prime has one of my favorite tracks ever, it's called Pulse Mavens, simply the strongest lead riff and lyrics. The lyrics are difficult to even understand because they are so deeply conceptual and meandering. They have another album called Seizures in Barren Praise, wherein Barren Praise is a town, and the whole album tells the story of the town. Itès all good, listen to this fucking band.


Thatès all for right now because I want to smoke. Ièm downloading some Testament and Down. Hooray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home